Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Czech Republic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
czechruralholidays View Drop Down

Quote czechruralholidays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Czech Republic
    Posted: 12 Jul 2008 at 5:50pm
I live in the Czech Republic and have a friend who along with his parents has been breeding roses at their small nursery for many years. My friend speaks no English and has found a lack of information on clematis in Czech language so I'm asking the questions and visiting websites for him. He is very interested in growing clematis to increase customers but has found  it difficult to get stock at a price that will allow him to make any sales here as plant prices are very cheap compared to the UK.
He is a very competant plantsman and coupled with what we've dubbed his 'clematis bug' he feels he can produce marketable clematis in the Czech Republic. I have looked through the web site and see it will be posible for him to buy seed but (and finally heres the question) does anyone know if it will be possible for him to aquire a range of cuttings by post?
Thank you.
czechruralholidays.com Because the Czech Republic is more than just City Breaks and Stag Parties!
MMiller View Drop Down

Quote MMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2008 at 2:44am
I'm not in the business at all, but do know that Chalk Hill clematis nursery in Healdsburg, California is going out of business this fall.  Perhaps they might be able to help your friend?  A quick google search will locate their website.  Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply