Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Clematis ranunculoides

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ton hannink View Drop Down

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clematis ranunculoides
    Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 8:17pm
My ranunculoides has flowers now. I have distibute seeds and plants within the BCS. How are your results?
I had flowers in one year plants. All my plants have flowers now.

Aidan2 View Drop Down

Quote Aidan2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2008 at 11:14pm
Nice flower Ton

There seems to be some variation in this species. In Grey-Wilson's book the flower appears to be redder contrasting with the light pink stamens and in clematis on the web Mike Brown's photo shows the sepals fully recurved. How tall does your plant grow?

Aidan
ton hannink View Drop Down

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2008 at 6:57pm
I had such a kind of plant as Clematis yuanjiangensis. My plants grow about 3-4 meters in one year.

Clematis yuanjiangensis
Wim Snoeijer View Drop Down

Quote Wim Snoeijer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2008 at 7:19am
Good Morning,

Ton, the plant you gave me flowered last week. As I told you I have cut of the stem to dry for herbarium. So the pictures are very nice indeed to see today and no doubt that in the year 2589 someone will enjoy the herbarium.

According to botanical references Clematis acutangula forms a "complex" with Clematis ranunculoides.

Best wishes from Holland,

Wim
Wim S
Wim Snoeijer View Drop Down

Quote Wim Snoeijer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 9:13am
Good morning,

I finaly uploaded the pictures I took of the plant Ton gave me from the camera onto the computer. 
I think the wings on the back of the tepals are real gems.  

Wim

Wim S
Peter Gooch View Drop Down

Quote Peter Gooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2008 at 9:45am
Hi I love the pics,
I know this is not a competition but I like Wim's one best! Thumbs%20Up
What a shame they are not a more practical size of plant for modern small gardens. 2-3 meters would be quite enough really.
Great to see the pics though they are both lovely plants, i've never grown them so its nice to see what they look like.
Thank you for posting them.
Peter
Peter Gooch
Thorncroft Clematis Nursery
 Post Reply Post Reply