Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Seeds of Clematis ranunculoides

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ton hannink View Drop Down

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seeds of Clematis ranunculoides
    Posted: 04 Feb 2007 at 6:08pm
This year I have seeds of this beautiful rich flowering clematis. The stems are very big and the leaves are special.
Every year the plant lost the leaves before the seeds were ripe but this year it has been warm enough so that the seeds became ripe. The most seeds are of the most dark red plant.
I have sent seeds to the BCS and ICS.

schristmas View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote schristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2007 at 6:38pm
Ton,

Absolutely magnificent!

My seed order for this one has already gone in to the IClS (just hope I get some).

Thank you for your kindness in providing this seed and giving the opportunity to both myself and many others the chance of growing this very rare plant.

Steve

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2007 at 6:48pm
The plant is rather difficult because the plant hates wet soil during winter. I have 3 plants and have made cuttings( 100 % results) and also the cuttings do not like wet soil.
I have my first fertile seeds of rehderiana x ranunculoides.
If you are not able to get some seeds, send a mail.
bcollingwood View Drop Down

Quote bcollingwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2007 at 6:56pm
Completely stunning plant Ton, and the prospect of rehderiana x ranunculoides is incredibly interesting!
Helen View Drop Down

Quote Helen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2007 at 7:21pm
Thank you Ton for sharing your seed. I have already put my order in. I look forward to you posting first flowers of  rehderiana x ranunculoides. Well done.
Helen (Sussex UK)
denee View Drop Down

Quote denee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2007 at 12:40am
 Ton
Ranunculoides looks lovely I have added a request for some seed from BCS bank -I hope I am not too late!
denee
denee
Paul View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2007 at 4:35pm
Ton
Great that you are able to offer this special seed to enthusiasts. Did you make other crosses apart from with rehderiana? I would be interested  to know what it was and was not compatible with.
Paul

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2007 at 5:45pm
The ranunculoides is very late in the year and therefore I could not make more crossings.
Queen_of_Vines View Drop Down

Quote Queen_of_Vines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2007 at 8:56pm
I've been away so have only just seen this. What a stunning plant! I will try to get seeds if there are any left.  Thanks for your generosity.

Jane
bcollingwood View Drop Down

Quote bcollingwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2007 at 2:54pm
Thanks Ton very much indeed for the seeds.
B. R. Collingwood
 Post Reply Post Reply