Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New plant!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
clematistuin View Drop Down

Quote clematistuin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New plant!!!
    Posted: 30 Jan 2009 at 6:45pm

Past year was a nice year I had visitors from New Sealand and Danmark.

Ton Hannink came in spring and brought me some plants and one of the plants was an Irisevi named after his granddaughters. I planted the plant on a place where only is sun in the morning and where it is nice to also to see in winter the green leaves.

Hans in Danmark got the same plant and showed already the buds but I saw nothing. Then suddenly I saw three buds about 40 cm above th soil   .It were larges bud round 3 cm.

Ton was here lately and wanted to know how cold it has been here and I said less 20 and that sounds very well I must say the leaves looked better than of an armandii and the plant is worth to be breeded also because of the yellow flowers.

The plant gives flowers on old wood so next year I will have a lot of flowers

Aidan3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aidan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2009 at 12:11am
Hello Roelie

Good to see you on this site. Thanks for the picture of Irisevi. You are right it is good to see green leaves on a clematis in winter. Was your photo of Irisevi taken very recently - did it survive the very cold weather you had in Holland? What was the lowest temperature you had? Do you have any photos of the flowers?

My clematis accuminata var. sikkimensis, chinensis and parviloba var barlettii all have survived the cold weather here so far. The cold weather has returned this weekend so I am keeping my fingers crossed.  

Aidan
ton hannink View Drop Down

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2009 at 9:11am
When I visited Roelie some weeks ago I was very surprised to see 'Irisevi' in a good condition outside in the garden. In that part of Holland had been at least -15 degrees Celsius. The plant is more hardy than I supposed.

Quote clematistuin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2009 at 9:17am
I wanted to post still some pictures of the flowers but I cannot find how to delete the wrong ones can anybody help me ?
The pictures of yesterday were taken yesterday morning. It was here between -15 - 20 C this winter and yesterdaymorning round 0 C

Quote clematistuin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2009 at 4:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply