FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

loading pictures to site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ron.G.Carlile View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ron.G.Carlile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: loading pictures to site
    Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 2:04pm
Hi Steve Christmas .
I am trying to post the results of my investigation as to why the C.repen was in a tree , I can get the loading of one picture then there is a problem in loading the next . all I get on the second try is a blank page . Why does the frame go when you press OK  to load the picture to the site and not let you go back to the load frame .  I am not an expert with computers but I can not get the hang of loading more than one picture . HELP PLEASE
Ron.C
schristmas View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote schristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2009 at 11:17pm
Hi Ron,

Not quite sure what your problem is.
It can be very difficult to ascertain what is actually going on without being there in person.

I tried loading a few pics below to see if it was a problem with the main ISP server uploading, but all seems to be ok at that end.

Sometimes the hosting server can cause problems when your connection is poor or the server becomes overloaded with other tasks and momentarily looses connection.

After uploading your first picture you must click OK and it should appear in your reply box (the upload window should disappear). Hit return to move the cursor in your reply box down to the next line (below the picture you have just inserted into your reply box and then click on the tree symbol again to go through the whole process again for your next picture.

I apologise if I have misinterpreted your problem, but when I can find nothing wrong with how the main server is operating it can be very difficult to pinpoint what is going wrong without actually sitting down infront of your PC.

If it is an unsoveable problem then just post the first and second pictures in two different replies as it would seem you are at least able to upload one picture to your reply box.

Let me know if you are still having problems.

Regards
Steve

Edited by schristmas - 16 Feb 2009 at 11:20pm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ron.G.Carlile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 10:28pm
Hi Steve
I think I have realized what I must be doing wrong , The pictures are photo's
emailed to me and I have had a problem reducing them down to the Kb., allowance I will have to make two items from them .  I find it strange that some people can down load three or more photo's ,when I try to do it every time I have taken ages the get the site to except the second photo. Just to be sure the total number of photo's has to be below 75KB not each photo.
Thanks  for your reply
Regards Ron.C
Ps. What is the third photo off I have one the same it was from seeds labeled C.viona ., but when Mike Brown saw it he said it was not ?

Edited by Ron.G.Carlile - 17 Feb 2009 at 10:33pm
Jackog View Drop Down

Quote Jackog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2009 at 11:20pm
Ron,
I am fairly sure that the 75Kb limit is for each picture, so you should be able to upload several pictures, each can be up to 75Kb.
Jack
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ron.G.Carlile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 3:32pm
Jack
I tried to load two photo's  both under 60 Kb and one loads the other disappears
they are both in the upload box but I can not get them both in the message box . maybe its my end. I will  wait for Steve's answer
Thanks for your interest
Regards
Ron.C
 PS. I have just spent the last hour writing up and posting a picture to find it would not up load , and I could not even get a preview  it just came up blank
I get fed up with it .
Ron Confused 

Edited by Ron.G.Carlile - 18 Feb 2009 at 4:38pm
Nunn00123 View Drop Down

Quote Nunn00123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 7:07pm
Dear Ron,

It is not possible to identify a USA Clematis from just one picture of a flower. Viornae interbreed so easily that unless one knows the origin of the seed, down to the exact area of collection if wild collected, stem, leaf configuration need to be taken into consideration as well as flowers. Unless these factors can be fully investigated it is advisable to consider that all seedlings of unknown origin in this group are likely to be hybrids.

The first picture of the flower looks typically viorna but without seeing the leaves it is impossible to be sure what it is.

Best wishes

Roy Nunn
Jackog View Drop Down

Quote Jackog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 9:10pm
Ron,
When I upload several pictures I normally make sure some lines of text or at least some spaces exist in the post so that the pictures do not overlay each other. Move the cursor to a new line for each upload. It may be possible that one picture is laying on top of another and so you can only see one picture? This is an outside guess, but its probably possible.
Good luck,
Jack
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ron.G.Carlile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2009 at 10:28pm
Hi Roy.
The seeds came from the BCS seed exchange , They were ordered as Viorna
and the packet when it arrived was labeled C.viorna . So I can only assume that who supplied the seeds either got the name wrong or they were open pollinated and some little Bee had its way with them .  I am not disappointed with the results , but no one has been able to tell me its variety , so I just call it C.Blue bell , and do not attempt to propagate from it . I may try a few seeds from it ,these will be open pollinated so I could get a pleasant surprise .
Thanks for your interest
Regards
Ron.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ron.G.Carlile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2009 at 11:49am

Steve

I give in I have again just lost about ten lines of , info
I can not understand why when I preview post it comes up blank page , and then when I post reply there are two chances I lose it
My connection is OK when I contact my family in Canada so why not this site .
 Ron.C
PS I do not have Microsoft Office so i can not past from it .

R.C.

Edited by Ron.G.Carlile - 19 Feb 2009 at 11:51am
Nunn00123 View Drop Down

Quote Nunn00123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 7:08am
Hi Ron,

It would be advisable not to use a a name C. Blue Bell which has been used before. I too have had seed from many sourses and find the Viornae group unlikely to be true to type, even seed collected in the wild can be wrongly identified and labelled and seed from botanic gardens, is often open pollenated and is not true to type.

Best of luck

RoyNunn
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote schristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 9:19pm
Hi Ron,

Sorry for any lack of response.

Firstly the last picture was grown from seed labelled as viorna hybrid and thus I just refer to it as a viorna type hybrid (which is exactly what it seems to be).

With regard to pictures - Jack is right it is 75Kb for each picture.
Personally I would never hit the 'Preview button' as this seems to do something that even confuses me!

Once you have uploaded your picture (and it appears in the box to your right) just click 'OK' and it will appear in your post window.
Add an empty line below this first picture.
Now go around the same process again by clicking on the tree icon to upload your second picture (but do not whatever you do click the 'preview' button) - here again once it has uploaded, just click 'ok' again and it should appear below the previous picture.

Regards

Steve
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote schristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2009 at 10:18pm
Ron,

To try and help I have shown below the entire process of loading a picture onto the site, which hopefully might help you with your problem and anyone else who may wish to upload a picture.

Lets start from the beginning:-

Lets start from the reply window which will appear when we click on the reply button to the right of the screen. Here we need to click on the tree icon as shown.

When we do this another window will appear which we can see below. On this window we need to select the picture we want to upload so we click on the 'Browse' button.

When we click as shown above it will open a further window which is an explorer view of your computer hard drive. In this window select the picture you want to upload (note must be less than 75K) and click 'Open'.

When we click 'Open' the window will disappear and we will see the previous window as shown below with the path address for the picture we just selected shown just before the 'Browse' button.

If all is well now click on 'Upload' which is the button at the bottom left and the following will appear.

Click 'OK' and the picture will be transferred from your PC onto the main server and we will now see something like the window shown below with the picture appearing in the small preview window to the right.

If all is well click the 'OK' button at the bottom right - (DO NOT CLICK THE PREVIEW BUTTON AT THE TOP OF THE WINDOW).
This window will now disappear and you will now see your original reply posting window with the picture inserted.

Scroll the picture down and insert a few lines under the picture

Now follow the same procedure as I have just gone through to upload your second picture by clicking again on the tree icon.

If you follow the procedure correctly the 2nd picture should appear directly below the first as seen below.

If you are happy with the above, just click on post reply and it will appear for everyone else to see.

If for any reason you see this window appear when trying to upload a picture from your computer then you have exceeded the 75K limit. You need to reduce the overall memory space this picture requires to below 75K.

I hope all this helps.

Steve
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ron.G.Carlile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 3:33pm
Hi.Steve
Thanks for your Bow by Blow on how to down load photo's  , I have done this on each time I have managed to down load a photo. Last evening I did what you said , only loaded one 60Kb photo to the page , I thought I would not push it ,
about ten lines of explanation of the Plant , pressed Post Reply and the button turned colour but nothing else happened , after five minutes I said to heck with it and went to bed . I have considered emailing the photo's and the write up to some kind person that will load it to the site  for me I don't know if this is possible . Your thoughts on the matter please
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote schristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2009 at 9:04pm
Hi Ron,

You don't say what happened just after you clicked on the'post reply' button apart from the change of colour.
Note, the button will change colour even if you don't click on it, so don't assume that just by seeing the colour change that the post has been sent to the main server.

The only other area I can think of is possibly the time taken to post your reply. I think you have about 20 minutes from clicking on the reply post button to actually posting your reply before the server times you out. You will only know this when you try to post your message and nothing happens.

Another thing to note is that once you have uploaded your picture it will be on the server so you don't need to upload it again (even if you fail to post it). The path to the picture should be shown in the large window directly above the 'Browse' button.

Another thing to be wary of is trying to upload pictues that are greater than 999 pixels in width as I think the forum software will try to truncate the picture.

If you would like me to post the photos for you then just email them to me and I will do the rest.

Regards

Steve

Edited by schristmas - 21 Feb 2009 at 9:06pm
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ron.G.Carlile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2009 at 12:20pm
Thanks Steve
 Re the reply button , There are times when I have tried to press it through the screen . Obviously after Waiting and giving it time to load , I even tried the Clear Form  button last evening that did not work , I have to change to another site
to get rid of the article I had done . The other site worked great /
Steve tel me am I on the correct connection ( www.brutishclematis.org.uk/forum/ forum_post.asp?TID=180 )   
I will have one more try and then expect a email .
Regards
Ron.C,
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote schristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2009 at 11:36pm
Hi Ron,

Sounds as though there is an issue with your Internet Bowser, either going to sleep (with regards to its connection to the forum sever) or the browser has a problem with the code thats running in the background or its internal settings. When you go to another site your browser will download the code for that particular site and and operate as if nothing was ever wrong.

I would be interested to know what version and type of browser you are using.

Your forum address looks ok apart from a slight spelling error.

If you are still having a problem here is one last thing to try:-
Before you click on the 'post reply' button, highlight your text and picture and right click on it and select 'copy'.
Then go to the top of the screen and you should see a little icon with up and down arrows (next to the red cross icon on internet explorer anyway). Click on this button and this will refresh the page (it reloads the screen from the main forum server). The information you previously entered will be lost and you will be presented with a blank area just as you normally would before writing your reply. Click on this are and then do a right click and select paste, this should copy your previously erased information back onto the page.
Once you have done this then click on the 'Post Reply' button.

Regards

Steve
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ron.G.Carlile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2009 at 12:37pm

Hi Steve

Steve sorry about the supped spelling mistake . should do better in the future am doing this with one eye ands one armer in a sling . Went in for a new lens in my eye and found that when I fell I broke a bone in my hand .Be OK soon .

Regards
Ron.C.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ron.G.Carlile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2009 at 2:59pm
Steve
I  tried last night just to load the photo,  by its self , and noticed that a message came up ,at the left hand corner where the internet sign is ( popup blocked ) when I press the tree square to capture the photo . My computer has a message that the pop up is not blocked , to get the loading to start I have to first press the right button and then press the left button to activate the tree download,this then only downloads to the first box . That is as far as I can get with the loading
Regards
Ron.C
 Post Reply Post Reply