Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New book

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wim Snoeijer View Drop Down

Quote Wim Snoeijer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New book
    Posted: 23 Mar 2009 at 7:55pm
Dear Clematarians,

It is with permission of Steve, BCS website manager, that I put the next information at this Forum.

This is a general message about my privately published book on Clematis Cultivar Group Classification. This book can only be obtained from me personally. There is no wholesale or retail price.

Title: Clematis Cultivar Group Classification with Identifying Key and Diagrams.
Language: English.
Cover: hard cover, bound.
Number of pages: 202 pages in full colour.
Number of illustrations: 200+ illustrations.
Size: A4 size.
Contents: This book contains a vast overview of my Clematis Cultivar Group Classification which I developed over the years. The Cultivar Groups are fully described including Cultivar Group Standards and illustrations.
The relation between the Cultivar Groups are explained by text and by diagrams, something never done before in Clematis and probably also not for any other cultivated genus. The Key to identify the Cultivar Group is also unique. Solutions are also suggested for several cultivar nomenclature problems.
Extra: There is an extra inlay of Diagram No 2 on A3 size, so the Diagram can be consulted while reading the text.

Price: 110 Euro. This price includes one copy and worldwide postage.

How to order: you need to do 2 things;
1. Pay 110 Euro to my PayPal account using the email address
wimsnoeijer@zonnet.nl
2. Send me an email message with full name and post address.

Please contact me first before paying any money for those who has a post address in The Netherlands.

You can also obtain a copy at the following dates, which will save you a considerable amount of money:
2009, 28 March, AGM of the British Clematis Society, Pershore, United Kingdom. 2009, 25 April, Gesellschaft der Staudenfreunde, Regionalgruppe Dortmund, Germany.
2009, 24 & 25 July, Agapanthus Days at Castle Rosendael near Arnhem, The Netherlands.

Wim S
clematistuin View Drop Down

Quote clematistuin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2009 at 6:18pm
Hallo  Wim

Congratulations with the book. Very nice to hear and I hope you get luck with the sale.
How many plants do you discuss. Can you show a page of it ?
gr. Roelie
Wim Snoeijer View Drop Down

Quote Wim Snoeijer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2009 at 10:08am
Dear Clematarians,

I had some inquiries about obtaining my book and I can write now that I will join the "Open afternoon Day" at NCCPG Montana Group, in the UK, at May 2nd 2009, see for more information http://www.clematismontana.co.uk/events_09.html

So, if you are interested to buy a copy and save p&p you can obtain a copy at Val's place that afternoon. For joining this open day you need to sign in, see website.

Thank you.

With the request from Roelie I can write that some pages have only pictures, some pages have boring references lists, and most pages are more or less in between.

Best wishes from Holland,

Wim
Wim S
Jackog View Drop Down

Quote Jackog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2009 at 6:53pm
Hello,
Just to give some details of Valerie Le May's open days. This is the National Collection of Clematis Montana in the New Forest Nr Salisbury in the UK. The open days are: Wednesday 29th April; Saturday 2nd May and Sunday 10th May.
The Montanas will be in full bloom!
Please go to the website and reserve your Visit:
It will be a great day out!
Regards,
Jack

josie View Drop Down

Quote josie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 8:45am
Hi Wim,
I had a lovely Easter I got your book !
It was a complete surprise as I had not been able to attend the BCS meeting. I think Bernard and my husband must have had a plot.
I look forward to digesting all your obsevations.
 Post Reply Post Reply