Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Clematis Fireflame

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nunn00123 View Drop Down

Quote Nunn00123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clematis Fireflame
    Posted: 13 May 2009 at 12:37pm
Hi All,

Can I ask if anyone has flowered C. Fireflame and if so does it match any of the published pictures?

I have a plant that has only produced single flowers on old wood for two seasons, but the colour is more of a washed out lilac/pink than the red of pictures, I have also seen a plant in a nursery that looked exactly the same colour as my plant, but was believed to be from a different sourse.

Is this another case of over egging the plants true colour to enhance sales, is the wrong plant being sold, or does it flower a different colour in England?

Can I also make a plea for labels to match the flower colour, at least within reason.

Best wishes

Roy Nunn
ton hannink View Drop Down

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 3:32pm
Dear Roy,

I have the same experience. A lilac/pink single flower and not the promised flower on the pictures. Probably we must be patient!

If you want a picture then I post it.

Ton
Nunn00123 View Drop Down

Quote Nunn00123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2009 at 10:28pm
Hello Ton,

Sounds the same as my plant, but I noticed today one of the buds on my plant is much fatter, could this be the first double flower. I will keep you posted.

Roy
DaveG View Drop Down

Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 10:07pm
HI ROY, I MUST AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT THE ACCURACY OF THE COLOUR OF PLANT LABELS,I JUST BOUGHT A "REBECCA" AND NOW IT HAS FLOWERED IS NO'REDER' THAN RUUTEL OR WESTERPLATTE, THE COLOUR BEING MAROON RATHER THAN THE RED OF THE LABEL.BEST WISHES DAVE G.
 Post Reply Post Reply