FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Wessleton

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BrianR View Drop Down

Quote BrianR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wessleton
    Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 3:36pm
I have a Wessleton in it's second year and the flowers were a delight.  Perhaps foolishly after the flowers finished we left them alone, and have had a pleasant display of fluffy balls.

Sadly the plant now seems to be dying.  May be it is the dreaded wilt.   Or may be it is the consequence of failing to cut off the flower heads once they had finished. 

Any advice on what I should now do?
BrianR
Nunn00123 View Drop Down

Quote Nunn00123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2009 at 7:58am
Hi I have had a C. Wesselton in our garden for over 10 years. Firstly Wesselton will not suffer from Wilt.

If you have had the same conditions as us in the East it is likely that your plant is suffering from lack of water. If this is the case tip 2 gallons of water onto the surrounding soil today, followed by another two gallons in two days time. Spray the whole plant with water twice daily for the next two or three days.
There is no need to cut off the seed heads of this plant as it will not effect its health.

If this proceedure does not work suspect mechanical damage to stems low down, or root damage by such as vine weavil.

Best of Luck

Roy Nunn
 Post Reply Post Reply