FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Clematis Marjan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aidan3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aidan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clematis Marjan
    Posted: 01 Mar 2010 at 6:48pm
Just noticed that Clematis Marjan in my greenhouse has a lot of flower buds. It looked dead over winter but started producing a few leaves about the beginning of February, It still has not got many leaves but instead has put all its energy into producing buds.

I will post some pictures soon. Ton Hannink gave me this plant last year.

Aidan

ton hannink View Drop Down

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 7:36pm
Aidan, I have also a lot of buds before the marbled leaves. This is one of the first in the montana group with flowers.
Have you the plant outside?
Ron.Carlile View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ron.Carlile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 5:18pm

Hi  Aidan.

Re your C.marjan is it a dwarf variety ,  I have five different C.montana's which all lose their leaves in winter the leaves grow out with the flower buds in them . They are all out side they are much to large to have in the green house , I had a look at them today but there is only one that has any sign of life , it has been bitterly cold here , I have not come across one with  variegated leaves ,must have more to say for it . must see if I can get old of one .when it is warmer here, and the soil is not frozen .
Best of luck with it

Best Wishes  
Ron.C  
Ron.C
ton hannink View Drop Down

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2010 at 5:37pm
Ron,

The C. 'Marjan' is in the montana group a plant with marbled leaves and is not a large plant as montana.

Ton
Ron.Carlile View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ron.Carlile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2010 at 9:58pm
Hi Ton
I got a bit mixed up with the name , Put my glasses on next time .  but I have
understood , that in all montana's  that the flower bud came out in the leaf growth
but there is not a flower bud in every leaf cluster , maybe you have more information , and a better memory than I . Hope I have not caused any confusion
for any one

Best Regards
Ron.C 
Ron.C
 Post Reply Post Reply