Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Clematis sale at AGM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wim Snoeijer View Drop Down

Quote Wim Snoeijer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clematis sale at AGM
    Posted: 10 Mar 2010 at 8:08pm
Clematis sale at AGM

Because of some faint complaints over the last AGM’s that there were hardly any clematis for sale the BCS Committee, Mike, has arranged that 4 nurseries will sell plants. They are Marcus Dancer, Martin Gibbison, Ruth & Jon Gooch of Thorncroft and Wim Snoeijer.

So, dig up your ivy, climbing roses and honeysuckle and replace them with clematis, get rid of the ugly DIY fences and put in a trellis for clematis, dig out the outdated water feature (sorry Charlie) and put in a trellis for your Diversifolia Group cultivars so that you can make your own flower arrangements inspired by Jane’s Clematis Cutflower Booklet which will be for sale at the AGM, or when you have a gravel plot get rid of your snowdrops, auricula’s, heuchera, and lewisias as everybody grows them and plant some Integrifolia or Heracleifolia Group cultivars, or fill in the pool or childrens sand pit to be replaced by a clematis island like the gardeners did in Victorian times or when you do not like the living clematis plants go treasure hunting at the BCS sales table for cards, collectables and books and when this is not enough you can brows through the plants for sale from the BCS or their choice of seeds which means you need to bring enough pocket money to spend and when you have not signed in yet to attend; PLEASE DO SO TODAY.

Wim 
Wim S
Aidan3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Aidan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2010 at 8:49pm
Wim

Right on! I hope to bring a few spare seedlings for the BCS AGM plant sale that I have grown from wild seed sent to me from China.

Aidan 

Quote Wim Snoeijer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 9:29am

Aidan, that's fantastic, I will stand in line.

Of course I will bring copies of my Cultivar Group Classification book for sale aswell as my Herbarium list. And I understand from the British nurseries that you can contact them in advance to bring orders with them at the AGM.

Let's not forget the importance of the AGM and of course the great speakers.

Wim
Wim S
Nunn00123 View Drop Down

Quote Nunn00123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2010 at 10:29am
Hi Wim,

I love my climbing Roses, snowdrops, hellebores and geraniums just as much as my clematis and it is too wet to dig up all plants other than clematis today, so I reluctantly wil not be taking up your horticultural advice, but I might be able to shoe-horn in a few more clematis, so bring some choice plants to the meeting, all in flower of course, so that I can see that they will not clash with my colour scheme, then I might be tempted.

See you soon

Angela and Roy

Quote Wim Snoeijer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2010 at 8:22am
Good Morning Roy,
Sorry to read you are not willing to dig up your snowdrops, hellebores etc. But I am sure you will be tempted to buy clematis at the AGM as the plants will be of course in full flower sothat you can fit them in your colour scheme on Sunday and when to do not clash you can always throw the plants over the hedge.
Look forward to see you next week.
Wim

Edited by schristmas - 16 Mar 2010 at 9:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply