Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Seedlings ranunculoides

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ton hannink View Drop Down

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seedlings ranunculoides
    Posted: 11 Mar 2007 at 5:34pm
I have the first seedlings of this special clematis. I have put the seeds in the soil 22-02-2007. I have sent these seeds to the BCS, ICS and some persons.

Paul View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2007 at 6:54pm
What temperature did you keep them at?
Paul

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2007 at 6:55pm
The temperature is about 22 degrees Celsius. Normal I keep my clematis seeds at lower temperature.
Paul View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2007 at 11:33am
Mine were sown 2 days after yours but I've kept them in a cold frame so I'll have to wait a bit longer. It's good to have an idea of how  long they take (fast!).
Paul

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2007 at 6:14pm
Now I have at least 50 young seedlings.
Jackog View Drop Down

Quote Jackog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2007 at 7:36pm
Ton,
It's interesting that you used 22degC to germinate these seeds and seedlings appeared in about 2 weeks. I know that ranunculoides is from a warm district of China and so could respond to very different conditions to other clematis from colder climates. However it's surprising that the germination was so rapid.
Most people expect clematis to germinate at or after very low temperatures.
Please can you name other species that would probably be best germinated at higher temperatures? And what temperatures would you suggest trying?
Regards,
                  Jack

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2007 at 9:13pm
My experience with clematis seeds is that higher temperature and fresh seeds give the best results. I had young seedlings of Clematis haenkeana within 3 weeks at 22 degrees Celsius.

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 6:41pm
This week I have potted up the young seedlings and there are about 60 pots with plant(s).
Have you had results?

Post Reply Post Reply