Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Unknown Clematis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Brains View Drop Down

Quote Brains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unknown Clematis
    Posted: 18 Jun 2010 at 9:42pm
Further to my previous, this is a larger image of my unknown variety. (Sorry couldn't load two images in my previous post)

Brian M M
Wim Snoeijer View Drop Down

Quote Wim Snoeijer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 8:29am
Dear Brian,
I think your clematis might be 'Comtesse de Bouchaud'. The reason is the colour of the tepals, with reference to the darker colouring towards the base in combination with the ribs, and the yellowish stamens. At the picture in your other posting the buds are visible and to me this was directly an indication to me that your plant might be 'Comtesse de Bouchaud'.
The flowers on your picture are not well developed in the sence that they are not nicely open (yet) but some tepals are irregular bend. This might, I write might, has to do that the plant is in a dry situation, also with the wall behind the plant.
Best regards,
Wim
Wim S
Brains View Drop Down

Quote Brains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2010 at 8:53am
Wim,

It is very kind of you to answer my query.  I will now watch it's progress and ensure it has a good drink more often. 

Hartelijk dank

Brian
Brian M M
 Post Reply Post Reply