Home Page Joining BCS Seed Exchange Members Area Site Map
Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Clematis ranunculoides and yuanjiangensis(?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ton hannink View Drop Down

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clematis ranunculoides and yuanjiangensis(?)
    Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 8:09pm
Today my both Chinese Clematis have flowers. About C. yuanjiangensis I am not sure because the flower of this plant is not the same as the plant on COTW which I have had years ago. The plant was mislabeled.
I search for the right name but I will show you these two beautiful species.

Wim Snoeijer View Drop Down

Quote Wim Snoeijer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2010 at 7:23am
Ton, apart from the wonderful plant, you show us absolutely fantastic pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Would I had such flowers I could probably not resist to cut them off for herbarium!!!

Best wishes,
Wim
Wim S

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 9:07am
Wim, today I make this for you!
I had made some cuttings and they grow very well.

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 4:03pm
Wim,

I have made material for the herbarium.

Quote Wim Snoeijer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2010 at 9:37am
Ton, that is great, thanks and "I rather have a dried herbarium specimen then a living plant."

I just finished the herbarium specimens collected this year, including your Clematis 'Vitiwester'. I designated 'Vitiwester' as a nomenclatural standard, following the ICNCP. I hope to make pictures of the herbarium this weekend before I bring them to Leiden University for eternity. If so, I might put some pictures in this forum.

Regards,
Wim
Wim S

Quote Wim Snoeijer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2010 at 9:08am

As promised a picture of the herbarium of Clematis 'Vitiwester', collected by Ton on 15 June this year. As you can see by the red mark, I have chosen this specimen as "nomenclatural standard".

Wim
Wim S
zhang00 View Drop Down

Quote zhang00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2010 at 11:47am
Beautiful!
 Post Reply Post Reply