FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

“Rootblast” versus real fertilizer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
yaku View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote yaku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: “Rootblast” versus real fertilizer
    Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 9:58am

To me “Rootblast” seems to be a waste product sold as a fertilizer!

Price New Zealand

Rootblast” = 340gram $19.95= Kg price of <>$60

Nutricote Total 270days 25Kg $180 = Kg price $7.20

Osmocote Total Shop Pack 1Kg $34.90

I did some comparison trials this summer and found no better growth with Rootblast than with Nutricote, trials was made by small plants and larger 2 years when potted up. The 2 years show some slowing down in growth after 2 months when using Rootblast compared to the Nutricote. On the small plants none of the once with Rootblast are larger than the one grown with Nutricote.

The difference on the pics in the Rootblast advertizing may be from plants grown without any fertilizer and Rootblast, not comparing fertilizer with Rootblast.

The advertizing Read “All Natural & Hormone Free” I have never encountered any hormone in any dry fertilizer.

In my opinion it is a waste of good money to use “Rootblast” and with the high levels of Lead, Mercury and Cadmium I would be worried using this in my vege garden.

Nunn00123 View Drop Down

Quote Nunn00123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2011 at 2:36pm
Hi Peer,

Thanks for the warning, it is not readily available here, but it has mixed reviews, the price, low nutrient value and the lead content would put me off using this product anyway.

Cheers

Roy
 Post Reply Post Reply