Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Cross Pollination

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AnneMB View Drop Down

Quote AnneMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cross Pollination
    Posted: 27 May 2011 at 1:51pm
I have a clematis which grows right next to a peony.   Is it possible that there could have been some cross pollination between the two plants as the clematis now resembles the peony and I have been asked how I managed to get a climbing peony!!     I have photos if anyone would like to see them.
ton_hannink View Drop Down

Quote ton_hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 8:59pm
It is impossible making crossings between these two plants. Even in the genus Clematis it is often impossible to make crossings between some species.
yaku View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote yaku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 9:57am
Originally posted by AnneMB

Is it possible that there could have been some cross .
Same chance as meeting a Minotaur in the countrysideSmile
Paul View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by AnneMB

I have photos if anyone would like to see them.

Anne, I would be very interested to see your photos.
Paul
AnneMB View Drop Down

Quote AnneMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 9:06pm
Please send me your e-mail address and I will forward them to you.
Paul View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 8:01am
Can you post them on the Forum for all to see?
Paul
Ron.Carlile View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ron.Carlile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 4:14pm
It could be possible that the clematis was a double in the first place. it is not unknown for a plant
to have single flowers until it is established and then double flowers when well fed .
Ron.C
AnneMB View Drop Down

Quote AnneMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 12:34pm
The flower above is halfway between the original and the latest full blooms

These flowers are all on the same plant.   The single darker one was identical to the flowers on the plant that I originally bought.   I do not feed this plant as someone has suggested.   The peony grows just below it as shown below

Full bloom shown below.

AnneMB View Drop Down

Quote AnneMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2011 at 12:41pm
The pictures haven't worked although they showed in the editor as having uploaded.  Any ideas on how to get them onto the forum?
AnneMB View Drop Down

Quote AnneMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2011 at 1:38pm
yaku View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote yaku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2011 at 8:37am
Hi Anne
any chance for a 640x480 pix or better 800x600 pix, 72 dpi and made to 90kB
it's simply impossible to see on this, maybe a closeup of one flower, however I think its simply the double on the old wood and single on the new, just like the most so called double

Edited by yaku - 15 Jun 2011 at 8:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply