Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Some new seedlings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
suzymac View Drop Down

Quote suzymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some new seedlings
    Posted: 27 May 2007 at 9:54pm

bcollingwood View Drop Down

Quote bcollingwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2007 at 11:52pm
In my book, Suzy, lovely - really excellent results! Big Congratulations!
B. R. Collingwood
suzymac View Drop Down

Quote suzymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2007 at 3:01pm
Here are the same seedlings now that they have fully opened:
(I am unable to post a picture for some reason,  therefore I am inserting a link to a seedling album where the flowers have been posted this AM.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v371/Suzymac/2004%202005%20seedlings/?start=all

richardh View Drop Down

Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2007 at 6:47pm
Absolutely lovely,what a display you have,are all the PC's ex Prince Charles?
suzymac View Drop Down

Quote suzymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2007 at 7:02pm
Thank you, Richard.    The seed was sent to me by a trusted clematis friend and was labeled as Prince Charles, therefore I can only  say, these were 'grown as'  PC seedlings. The light blue PC#4 has some of the PC charm, though., but with a more Viticella look having only 4 tepals. The plants grown from this batch of seed have been extremely vigorous. All the plants labeled PC in the pictures were grown from the same batch of seed.  It was amazing to see the completely different results!

Edited by suzymac - 01 Jun 2007 at 7:09pm
richardh View Drop Down

Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2007 at 7:35pm
As you will know Prince Charles is not in Viticella Group,but is Late Large-Flowered Group .If these seedlings are from PC ,which all look typical viticella especially the backside one,then it looks pretty convincing to me that there is an awful lot of Viticella in Prince Charles....Thank you Again
keith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2007 at 9:25pm
Personally I like PC2, but then I am a great fan of 'Betty Corning' as well, so perhaps my choice isn't too surprising.
keith
suzymac View Drop Down

Quote suzymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2007 at 1:33am
Hello Keith.  PC #2 is one of the most vigorous growers in the entire group of seedlings from this group of Prince Charles. germinators.  I love the 'floppy' flowers produced and have made several  copies of this one because of her vigor and unusual flowers.
However, PC # 4 is also a  most lovely sky blue clematis which has all the Viticella qualities. This one  is my favorite in the series.

Post Reply Post Reply