Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

propagation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nunn00123 View Drop Down

Quote Nunn00123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: propagation
    Posted: 11 Aug 2012 at 9:14am
C. Princess Diana, two plants in our garden have never produced a seed, there may be a number of reasons for this, ie. environmental conditions are not conducive to seed production, unlikely in our case as other Viornae types produce abundant seed in close proximity. The most likely reason though is that the plant is sterile and therefore is incapable of seed production. Your only hope is that the pollen (if present) is viable, in which case you can try crossing it with your texensis hybrid. The only sure way is to try crossing both ways and to see if seed is produced.

Best of fortune

Roy
paul.d View Drop Down

Quote paul.d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2012 at 12:50pm
I have a texensis ( hybrid ? ) that I want to propagate, what method should I try. I would also like to cross it with Tex Princess Diana. Which should I choose as the ultimate seed parent.
 Post Reply Post Reply