Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Nelly Moser problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
wilroda View Drop Down

Quote wilroda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nelly Moser problem
    Posted: 02 Jun 2007 at 9:03pm
HI
I have a 2 yr old clematis Nelly Moser which flowers well.
This year however i have noticed that the older leaves are becoming mottlled with black/dark green. The base of the plant looks awful but it is flowering its socks off at the top.
Can anyone help me with regards to this problem - i was thinking along the lines of the extreme dry weather we had a few weeks ago maybe - or a virusof some sort..

Thanks very much
wilroda View Drop Down

Quote wilroda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2007 at 7:39pm
can anyone help me on this? I dont want to lose tha plant!
Jackog View Drop Down

Quote Jackog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2007 at 10:44pm
Hi Wilroda,
Its not unusual for the lower / older leaves of Large Flowered Hybrids to look unsightly. It may be due to mildew or black-spot. This is visually similar to the effect seen on many rose leaves. Some people simply pick off the lower leaves for a better cosmetic effect!
If its flowering madly on top, I don't think much can be wrong! Hopefully all will be well.
Regards, Jack
wilroda View Drop Down

Quote wilroda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2007 at 11:02pm
Thanks very much for reassuring me jackog. It doesnt look like the typical blackspot you see on roses so  i shall not worry any more, but enjoy the flowers!
 Post Reply Post Reply