Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Clematis Leave disclorouring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Seaspray View Drop Down

Quote Seaspray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clematis Leave disclorouring
    Posted: 23 Jun 2007 at 8:57pm
Hi All Wink
I've put a couple of pics on the post to see if I could get some help in knowing what is wrong with this plant. Also what should I do to remidy it.

Edited by Seaspray - 23 Jun 2007 at 9:12pm
Henry
suzymac View Drop Down

Quote suzymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2007 at 10:43pm
 There are a few  possibilities, eitheryou have a fungus problem or a lack of proper watering.  Some clematis get brown leaves around the lower base as the summer progresses.  There's really nothing that can be done at this point, except make sure that the plant gets adequate water.  Just remove any dead leaves and dispose of them.  Oh, I wouldn't add any of these leaves to your compost pile just in case you have a fungus problem.

You could also try cutting the plant back about 1/2 way and you may see more blooms by the end of summer.

Edited by suzymac - 25 Jun 2007 at 10:46pm
Paul View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2007 at 8:42am
It looks as if its growing in a conservatory, if so the conditions could be unfavourable. Can you tell us the variety and more about the growing conditions, fertilisation and watering regime.  Is it a new problem or something that occurs every year?
Paul
 Post Reply Post Reply