Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

white crispa?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
richardh View Drop Down

Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: white crispa?
    Posted: 09 Aug 2007 at 8:42pm

This was in a batch of seedlings from BCS seed 'crispa'.

schristmas View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote schristmas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2007 at 10:54pm
Hi Richard,
Excellent white form, but is this its first flower as quite often (as you are probably well aware) next years flowers will give a better indication of its true form and colour.
I'm sure Keith will have a few words to say about it, but if it stays pure white then you may be onto a winner.

Steve
suzymac View Drop Down

Quote suzymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2007 at 3:28am
Wonderful, Richard.  Please post pictures next year as well!
Suzy
keith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2007 at 10:33pm
You have hit the button on what I would have to say, Steve, especially if it does stay really white.  I have a couple which are almost grey (strange shade of lavender) but nothing that is pure white, which is extremely rare.
keith
Ron.G.Carlile View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ron.G.Carlile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 10:38pm
Hello Richard
 Nice white plant , to tell the truth I have forgotten what the colour  they should be , I have a number of plants of C. crispa , I can not remember where I got the original seeds from but most of my plants have been of a white inner with shades of pale blue on the outer tips and some they looked a bit pinkish .   I sent some seeds of the latter to Mike Brown at his request . Have not heard how they turned out .  The last lot of seeds of C.crispa I grew are now growing in among  the thorn less blackberry's
in some light they look whitish , but that may be due to the growing conditions .
Not one of my favourite clematis , a bit to vigorous , I have to fight my way past one near the back door .  Congratulations on the pure colour , hope it stays that way .
All the best    Ron.C.

Edited by Ron.G.Carlile - 29 Aug 2007 at 10:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply