Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
digger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote digger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cuttings
    Posted: 10 Aug 2007 at 3:42pm
Hello everone, I am hoping that you may be able to help me out, I have a clematis Josephine i took some cuttings from the plant after two weeks in the propagatoronly one cutting had rooted three others were still looking healthy but had no signs of rooting ,i used rooting powder on all the cuttings, i have clematis Cezanne and i would like to have some cuttings from it also from clematis Vyvyann pennel, and i have arctic queen but it has just completely dried and withered could someone please advise me about the best way to propagate clematis. I only want to take cuttings to increase my plants and also as an insurance against possible losses. thank you
bcollingwood View Drop Down

Quote bcollingwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2007 at 10:36pm
Hi Justin
The IClS board has some very good information, go to  http://www.clematisinternational.com/questoc.html
then click on  'care' then 'propagation' then 'cuttings'. Also this BCS page - http://www.britishclematis.org.uk/cutting.htm   has some notes. Also if you glance on the Gardenbuddies clematis section you will find a lot of discussion about cuttings, and some links to past cuttings discussions. There is quite a bit of information on cuttings in the Archives so it is very much worth while joining that site so as to be able to browse the info. There is also information on 'layering' which might be useful, on those sites.

Edited by bcollingwood - 12 Aug 2007 at 1:52am
B. R. Collingwood
digger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote digger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2007 at 10:46am
Thank you my friend i shall visit those links
 Post Reply Post Reply