Forum Home Forum Home > Clematis > Postings
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New seedling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bcollingwood View Drop Down

Quote bcollingwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New seedling
    Posted: 13 Sep 2007 at 5:40pm
Quite excited by this one because it is C. large-flowered hybrid (pink stripe, seedling G65D) X C. campaniflora, and, looking at the form and position of the flowers, I am even more excited.
Seed parent above

Pollen parent above

Result of the cross:

Edited by bcollingwood - 13 Sep 2007 at 5:41pm
B. R. Collingwood
digger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote digger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2007 at 6:50pm
Are you able to know what colour the flowers are going to be?
ton hannink View Drop Down

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2007 at 7:42pm
Brian, very interesting. I wait for the flower!

Quote bcollingwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2007 at 9:09am
No, Digger, you can never tell until they begin to open, and it is always terribly exciting to catch the first glimpse of the colour.
B. R. Collingwood
Mariko View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Mariko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2007 at 11:50am
Brian,
Very exciting!!
I want to see a flower early.

Mariko Japan
digger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote digger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2007 at 4:22pm
Yes it must be really exciting waiting for the flowers to open, how long has it taken from germination to get to the stage where the plant is now?

Quote bcollingwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2007 at 8:18pm
Seed sowed 3rd January 2005 germination 25th December 2005.
B. R. Collingwood
Paul View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2007 at 9:25pm
The big question is - will you get the stripe? Have you seen C. viticella Rosea? That's what it could be like but anybody's guess is as good as mine.
Paul
digger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote digger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2007 at 12:53pm
Wow eleven months to germinate, that requires patience! did you need to use artificial heat or a propagator?
suzymac View Drop Down

Quote suzymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2007 at 5:01pm
How interesting!  I am anxious to see the result soon.
Suzy
Helen View Drop Down

Quote Helen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2008 at 9:34pm

Brian

What happened, did I miss posting of open flower?Confused
Today I checked my seed pot, magic new seedlings have sprouted, I never get over the wonder of nature,Tongue some of the pots have sat for 419 days, such a long wait. 
Helen
Helen (Sussex UK)

Quote bcollingwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2008 at 12:16pm
Helen I will post some pics shortly.
B. R. Collingwood

Quote bcollingwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2008 at 10:56pm

Edited by bcollingwood - 24 Feb 2008 at 11:03pm
B. R. Collingwood
ton hannink View Drop Down

Quote ton hannink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 5:53pm
Brian, this is SPECIAL.
digger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote digger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2008 at 8:39pm
The colour is beautiful,
Ron.G.Carlile View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ron.G.Carlile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 5:09pm
Hi.
Whilst checking around my Clematis , I came across a seedling of C.macropetala
which I had forgot about .  Three years ago I had sown the seeds from a C.macropetala plant in my garden , the seeds have been self polinated . Having grown them for the sake of it I had not taken a lot of interest in them . I noticed one of them had a pale pinky colour to it ,  it looked a bit of a weed at the time so potted it on in to a small pot and left it in the cold frame  . I was having a clear out and planted the plant near a small tree . To my suprise it is now flowering with a number of Single Sepel Pink flowers .  It has not grown very tall but it is a nice plant and  look forward to it growing into the tree.
never know what you may find . After some while I managed to add a photo of the flower taken in situe , The colour has come up very well .

The plant is putting on new growth will have to wait a while befor I start taking cuttings ,though there is some decent shoots , I may weaken. I had a double white a few years ago from the same seed plant ,  other seeds from this plant have come up multi petal but Blue .
Best Wishes
Ron.C

Edited by Ron.G.Carlile - 07 May 2008 at 10:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply