FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Which book

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
digger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote digger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which book
    Posted: 25 Nov 2007 at 4:39pm
Hello to all, i wish to purchase a book that will cover most aspects of propagating and caring for clematis, I have the latest book by Charles Cheshire but i would like a book that is mainly about propagating could anyone advise me of such a book ,thanks.
richardh View Drop Down

Quote richardh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2007 at 6:15pm
Look out for.....Clematis--A Hamlyn Care Manual   by  Mary Toomey.
I think it is an excellent book.
digger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote digger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2007 at 7:50pm
Thank you richard i shall check it out, there is a web site called abe books and they can find anything.
digger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote digger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2007 at 8:11pm
Me again I've just ordered the book that you recommended by mary Toomey it was £6 for a first edition copy.
Nunn00123 View Drop Down

Quote Nunn00123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2007 at 12:50pm
Hi  May I suggest that you read my reply to the request for info on Hardwood cuttings. If you can get hold of it the Book Prctical Woody Plant Propagation for Nursery Growers is the best I have come accross.

Cheers

Roy
digger View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote digger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2007 at 3:46pm
Thanks for that, i am a little puzzled I know your name from somewhere but I cannot remember where?
Nunn00123 View Drop Down

Quote Nunn00123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2007 at 10:36am

Hi

You may have seen my article on propagation that appeared in the 2005 BCS journal. I am giving a talk at the spring indoor meeting of the Midlands group, which, if you live reasonably close may be of help to you. Bernard Allen and possibly Mike Brown will be there and I hope there will be some discussion of differing methods used etc.

I would recommend getting hold of the book called; Practical Woody Plant Propagation for Nursery Growers by Bruce Macdonald. ISBN 0 7134 5713 9. It is now out of print, but a good library should be able to produce a copy, or search the second hand bookshops. This being a good grounding into the methods of propagating plants and has been very useful to me.

I am not a new member of the BCS, 23rd to join, or a new member to the forum, I just had to re-register for some reason.

Best wishes for Christmas

Roy Nunn

Post Reply Post Reply